Cyberith Virtualizer: VR Locomotion Device for Research & Development
Virtual Reality Locomotion for your R&D Projects
Cyberith is the leading provider of VR locomotion solutions to research institutions, universities and development departments all around the world. Our core product, the Virtualizer, enables you to realize free and unlimited movement within virtual reality projects.
High Quality Virtual Reality Locomotion
Our VR Treadmills share an implemented high precision tracking system, that works optically.
The Virtualizer Research & Development Kit is fully optimized for R&D purposes, while the Virtualizer ELITE 2 adds a powered motion platform to actively support walking.
Easy to implement in your VR Application
Both the Virtualizer Research & Development Kit and the Virtualizer ELITE 2 offer all required tools for an easy implementation into your individual project.
All our Virtualizer VR motion platforms share the same SDK and are thus fully compatible with each other.
Universally Compatible VR Treadmill
The Virtualizer works independently of the chosen Display.
- Compatible with any PC-VR Head Mounted Displays like HTC Vive Pro, Varjo, Oculus Link, Vive Business Streaming, Windows Mixed Reality, etc.
- Similarly compatible with a Cave Automatic Virtual Environment (CAVE).
- Can be used in combination with other VR components and devices, like Gloves, MoCap suits, etc.
- Virtualizer Stand-Alone Module available for compatibility with standalone VR Systems such as Quest, Vive Focus/XR Elite & Pico.
Comes with IK-System for Unity & SteamVR
Cyberith-IK is an inverse kinematics system for full-body tracking in Unity. It combines the sensor data provided by the Virtualizer with the tracking data from SteamVR. The System is based on FinalIK.
More than "just" VR Locomotion
The Virtualizer SDK Plugins provide more than VR Locomotion
- Haptic Feedback: Control the vibration unit in the Virtualizer base to provide haptic feedback to the user – available for both Unity & Unreal Engine.
- Cyberith-IK: Add full-body tracking to your Unity applications.
- Motion Sickness Aid: Our Unity Plugin comes with a scientifically proven system, that helps reduce simulator sickness for sensitive users.
Virtual Trainer Software included
Our Virtual Trainer Software teaches the basics of VR and the correct movement to your study participants within seconds.
The Cyberith Virtualizer Core-SDK is available in C#, C++ & Python and offers fully prepared Plug-Ins for Unity 3D and Unreal Engine including complete example projects
Native SDK for C++ & C#
Plugins for Unity & Unreal Engine
Complete example projects
Guidelines for integration
Advantages of using the SDK:
No additional Software
No additional drivers
Works natively with the Virtualizer
Analogue movement speed detection
Analogue height detection
Movement speed (m/s)
Movement direction (0°-360°)
Body orentation (0°-360°)
User’s height (cm)
The Virtualizer Package - Covers all you need
Software Development Kit (SDK)
Instructions, Manuals & Direct Support
Virtual Trainer, Testing & Demonstration Applications
Interested in more information about using our VR omnidirectional treadmill for your research?
Send us an enquiry – it only takes a few minutes